Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
. . : : P I S T A C C I O S - D I R E N G R E Y - F O R U M : : . .
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 104 mal aufgerufen
 Online-Shops
ruogu1234 Offline

Honki De Honki

07.11.2019 09:13
Among the suggested changes being discussed Antworten

BOCA RATON, Fla. -- NHL general managers spent the first day of their three-day meetings discussing overtime and shootouts, expanded video reviews and goalie interference. The opening session Monday featured three breakout groups of 10 general managers, with each group assigned particular topics. There appears to be some concern that too many games are being decided in shootouts instead of during the flow of play. Of the 135 of 963 games played through last Saturday, 14 per cent were decided in a shootout. And 40 per cent that went to overtime were decided in a shootout. Among the suggested changes being discussed are a 3-on-3 element instead of four skaters apiece in the extra 5-minute session; extending the overtime; or requiring teams to switch ends of the ice, creating a longer change on line changes. But there doesnt seem to be a strong consensus toward any particular direction -- or even if overtime needs to be changed. Colin Campbell, the NHL executive vice-president and director of hockey operations, viewed the overtime issue as both an official and a hockey fan. "I think what the challenge is to maybe not have as many shootouts," Campbell said. "A lot of people in the game would rather see the game decided (not) in a skills contest. "I would, too, but Im the last one to leave the room when theyre doing the shootout. I like watching to see whats going to happen. So Im kind of torn in that direction." The discussion of expanded video review seems weighted on when to start reviewing the tape and how much time a review takes. "I will say there wasnt a lot of consensus on the criteria," said Craig MacTavish, Edmontons general manager. "Theres a lot that goes into it when youre trying to evaluate the specific criteria, like how long from the incident are you going to reel it back? "There was no resolution in our group in terms of making many changes to video review." The increase in activity around the net has also led to an interest in goalie interference at this weeks meetings. "Theres so much play around the net now, the way our game is now with everybody collapsing and boxing out and blocking shots," said Bryan Murray, Ottawas GM. "All the plays now that are goals, in most cases, theres some kind of foot in the crease. Im not interested in that. But if the goaltender is not allowed to make a play on the shot, then we should we get the call as correct as we can." Also on the agenda is kicked-in goals. "I think there is an appetite to have directed goals be allowed," said Tim Murray, Buffalos general manager. "I know it says distinct kicking motion, but (with) a blatant lift-your-foot-off-the-ice kick type of thing not allowed." On Tuesday, members of the breakout groups will report to the whole meeting. Air Max Outlet . - Rookie Tesho Akindele scored three goals and Fabian Castillo added two in FC Dallas 5-0 victory over the San Jose Earthquakes on Saturday night. Air Max From China .com) - Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price is set to return Tuesday against Nashville after sitting out the past two games because of a minor upper body injury. https://www.airmaxchina.us/ . Future Hall of Famer Ricky Ray is in his prime and back for a third season in double blue. The 34-year old was magnificent in 2013, throwing for just under 2,900 yards despite missing eight games, tossing an impressive 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions, completing 66 per cent of his passes in the process. Cheap Air Max Free Shipping . McCutchen hit his first home run in over a month, doubled twice and scored two runs to help the Pirates beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 5-3 on Sunday and take three of four from the defending NL West champions. Cheap Air Max . A veteran of 16 NHL seasons, Prospals career was highlighted by him ranking fourth in points scored, third in assists and sixth in games played among all Czech Republic born players in NHL history.EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin will be going into the season with a little more job security. The Giants confirmed Friday that they gave the 67-year-old Coughlin a one-year extension, putting him under contract through the 2015 season. The agreement had been expected since the franchise has a history of not allowing its head coach go into a season as a lame duck. "The Giants have always done that," Coughlin told reporters at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis. "That was always indicated to me. I didnt pay a whole lot of attention to it to be honest with you. Weve had a lot of work going on in our business and our building, as you know. So I had great confidence that it would happen, and it did." Coughlin said that his agent and the Giants never talked about getting a longer contract, which is not surprising. The Giants have missed the playoffs the past two seasons and three of four. However, his Super Bowl titles in 2008 and 12 earned him at least another season. Coughlin and the Giants had wanted to get the deal done earlier, but it was delayed while Coughlin reshaped his offensive staff. Coordinator Kevin Gilbride retired after the Giants (7-9) missed the playoffs and two other longtime assistants, running backs coach Jerald Ingram and tight ends coach Mike Pope, were fired. Coughlin also reassigned quarterbacks coach Sean Ryan and receivers coach Kevin M. Gilbride, with Ryan taking over the receivers and the younger Gilbride moving to tight ends. Former Packers assistant Ben McAdoo was hired as the offensive co-ordinator. Coughlin said making the changes was very difficult. "You have coaches that have, in many cases, been with you a long, long time with Kevin (Gilbride) retiring and with Mike (Pope) and Jerald (Ingram) -- they had been with me a long time," Coughlin said. "I have great respect for them. Its neever easy.dddddddddddd Its very difficult thing for a head coach to do, whether it be a player, whether it be a coach, guys I have respect for. "They were very, very good football coaches. I just felt like in those situations that I needed to make some other changes after Kevin retired in the best interest of our team. And in doing that, were back on track now trying to get ourselves ready for the spring." Coughlin said there will be some noticeable changes to the offence next season, but not everything will change. "I think definitely we would maintain a commitment to the run, and that will be a factor no matter what," he said. "And thats been agreed upon by all. But as far as changes, they may be subtle; there may be some drastic ones. "But the number one thing will be the players, the team, the opportunity to again get ourselves back on track the way we need to be, the ball security issues being first and foremost. The obvious questions being made about the offensive line, well see where that goes. Who knows what that would have been like last year had a couple of our guys been able to stay on the field." The Giants offensive line was decimated by injuries last season. Center David Baas and guard Chris Snee missed much of the season and left tackle Will Beatty broke a leg in the final game. Guard-centre Kevin Boothe is a free agent, backup Jim Cordle will be coming off a knee injury and veteran David Diehl retired. That leaves only tackle Justin Pugh returning healthy after an excellent rookie season. The problems up front had Eli Manning and the offence being described by owner John Mara as "broken" after the season. "Did I agree that the offence was broken?" Coughlin said of the comment. "I certainly agree that some things have to be fixed, lets put it that way. But I wouldnt have used that word." ' ' '

Sprung  
. . : : P I S T A C C I O S - D I R E N G R E Y - F O R U M : : . .
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz