Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
. . : : P I S T A C C I O S - D I R E N G R E Y - F O R U M : : . .
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 107 mal aufgerufen
 Online-Shops
ruogu1234 Offline

Honki De Honki

07.11.2019 09:16
Nebraska and Arizona State quarterback Sam Keller Antworten

INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA announced a $20 million settlement Monday with dozens of former college athletes over college-themed basketball and football video games produced by Electronic Arts. The agreement comes a little more than one week after the video game manufacturer agreed to a $40 million settlement in a similar but separate case, bringing the total payout planned for athletes to $60 million, said Steve Berman, an attorney for the plaintiffs, and the NCAA. More than 100,000 athletes could have access to the money, though NCAA officials have already said they will not punish any current players who might receive part of the money. Details of the settlement must still be finalized. "I think it sets a precedent in that regard that if you re going to use a players likeness in this regard, that youre going to have to pay for it," Berman told The Associated Press. NCAA officials said the deal will end the case brought former Nebraska and Arizona State quarterback Sam Keller. The case was scheduled for trial in March 2015. The agreement was announced hours before the NCAA went on trial in federal court in California. Former UCLA star Ed OBannon and others filed a class-action lawsuit claims the NCAA over the use of their images in broadcasts and video games without compensation, a case many believe could dramatically change college athletics. Keller sued EA Sports and the NCAA, saying the video-game maker wrongly used the names and likenesses of athletes and the NCAA sanctioned the practice. His class-action was on behalf of all college athletes depicted in the NCAA Football and NCAA Basketball video games made by EA Sports. Like OBannons case, Kellers lawsuit also alleged that the NCAA unfairly deprived athletes of their share of revenues generated by their performances. But Kellers lawsuit made different legal arguments, claiming the NCAA violated the players commercial rights when it refused to cut them in on marketing deals using their images. It was unclear how much each player will get from a settlement that Berman said would mark the first time college athletes will be compensated for their on-the-field performance. He estimated each player could receive from $400 to "a couple of thousand dollars." Berman said the two sides spent the past six months discussing a deal. "With the games no longer in production and the plaintiffs settling their claims with EA and the Collegiate Licensing Company, the NCAA viewed a settlement now as an appropriate opportunity to provide complete closure to the video game plaintiffs," NCAA Chief Legal Officer Donald Remy said. The NCAA insists the deal will not change its amateurism rules or the way the game is intended to be played. Stitched Penguins Jerseys .com) - One point guard will return, while another will sit when the Minnesota Timberwolves visit American Airlines Center to take on the Dallas Mavericks. Penguins Jerseys 2020 . Or, for that matter, the aged. https://www.cheappenguinsjersey.com/ . The Senators will put the busy off-season and training camp behind them when they open their regular season on the road. They kick things off Friday against the Buffalo Sabres and then head to Toronto to take on the Maple Leafs on Saturday. Cheap Penguins Jerseys . At this rate, the Flyers captain is set to be remembered more for a fantastic finish. Penguins Jerseys 2019 . Pillar is batting .305 with 17 extra-base hits, 19 RBI and five stolen bases in 34 games for Buffalo this season. The right-handed hitter had an International League high, 18-game hitting streak this season and currently owns an IL high 26-game on base streak.Jiri Sekac was a hot commodity this summer. There were over a dozen NHL and KHL teams interested in signing the 22-year-old free agent from the Czech Republic. His goal was always to play in the NHL, but after having difficulty cracking the line-up in the OHL and USHL, he returned to Europe mainly playing in the KHL. The Canadiens invited Sekac to Montreal last May to show him around and he liked what he saw. "It was just a gut feeling, I wanted to be a part of the Montreal Canadiens" Sekac explained as the reason why he chose Montreal. Tomas Plekanec has taken on a mentorship type of role with Sekac, theyre both from Kladno of the Czech Republic, but only briefly knew each other from playing roller hockey together one summer. The two have gotten to know each other better in the past few months and Sekac has been very grateful for the guidance Plekanecc has given him since arriving in Montreal.dddddddddddd "Hes been showing me around the city and helping me out in the locker room" Sekac said. So far at training camp Michel Therrien has placed the two Czech players together on a line with Sven Andrighetto. "We want to give him an opportunity to feel comfortable as quick as he can and putting him with Plekanec we think is the best thing for him" the head coach told the media. The Canadiens are hoping that the six-foot-three Sekac can fill the empty right wing spot left behind from Brian Gionta. Plekanec has been impressed with the play of his linemate and feels Sekac could be ready to be a full time NHL player. "Its up to the management and coaches but as a player you can see hes pretty much ready, he knows what he is doing out there" Plekanec told reporters. ' ' '

Sprung  
. . : : P I S T A C C I O S - D I R E N G R E Y - F O R U M : : . .
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz