Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
. . : : P I S T A C C I O S - D I R E N G R E Y - F O R U M : : . .
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 140 mal aufgerufen
 Dir en grey CDs
ruogu1234 Offline

Honki De Honki

15.11.2019 02:47
likely be one of the oldest downhillers Antworten

Erik Guay will miss at least the first two World Cup downhill races of the season following a pair of off-season knee surgeries.That means Canadas most decorated downhiller wont race the season-opening downhill or super-G on Nov. 29-30 in Lake Louise, Alta., nor will he compete the following week in Beaver Creek, Colo.Lake Louise is definitely a scratch this year, Guay said Tuesday from Toronto.Right now, our optimistic calculations should put me back on snow around the seventh of December. If everything goes well from there, Id like to start racing the last weekend of December.The 33-year-old from Mont-Tremblant, Que., had surgery to replace cartilage and bone in his left knee in June. Guay underwent arthroscopic surgery on the same knee in March.So far its been healing well, Guay said. It took a little bit longer than originally anticipated, but things are on schedule now. Im working on gaining some mass and strength back into my leg.Guay won the mens world downhill championship in 2011 after claiming the World Cup overall title in super-G in 2010. Last season, he passed Steve Podborski for the most career World Cup medals won by a Canadian and now sits at 22.After finishing off the podium at the 2006 and 2010 Winter Games in fourth and fifth respectively, Guay really wanted to win some Olympic hardware last February in Sochi, Russia.But he twisted his left knee in January while training in Wengen, Switzerland, and arrived in Sochi hobbling. Hed also had surgery on that knee in 2013.Guay was 10th in the downhill in Sochi and was disqualified in the super-G for missing a gate. His Canadian teammate Jan Hudec tied for bronze in the super-G to claim Canadas first alpine Olympic medal since 1994.Its not easy, certainly, Guay said. You work for this for four years and knowing I was competitive early on in the season makes it that much more frustrating. I knew going in my knee was a problem and it wasnt 100 per cent. It weighs on you. When you go into a race, and confidence is such a huge thing, and you know your knee isnt performing the way youd like it to, its not an easy thing.I personally struggle with that. Im not the kind of guy who can put things aside. Jan Hudecs extremely good at that. If hes racing through pain, hes able to do that extremely well, whereas I struggle with that a little bit more.The pursuit of that elusive Olympic medal will keep Guay racing to a fourth Winter Olympics in 2018. At 36, hed likely be one of the oldest downhillers, but others have raced at that age and reached the podium. Didier Cuche of Switzerland was still winning World Cup races at 37 before he retired. Bode Miller, who tied for third with Hudec in Sochi, was 36.But if Guay is going to race at breakneck speeds for another four years, his knee has to be able to sustain it.Two weeks after his arthroscopic procedure in March, he was still experiencing pain and swelling in his knee. Guay then made the decision to have the more invasive surgery.I needed to get (my) knee in a good place, he said. Even if I start a little late, even if I miss the season entirely, I think I have to keep my eyes on the prize which is four years down the road.That being said, Id like to start as soon as possible because I know how competitive my sport is. I know the more time you spend off snow, its that much time you have to make up on the other competitors. Im a little bit anxious to get back on snow and start racing again, but I need to give myself enough time to heal.Guay won his first career World Cup medal in Lake Louise in 2003 when he was second in downhill. Hes been a consistent top-10 finisher at the Canadian stop on the circuit.Hell be in Lake Louise working with his sponsors, but wont race there for the first time in over a decade.Itll definitely be a strange feeling not to be in the start hut, Guay said. A. J. Pollock Dodgers Jersey . Modin, 36, tallied seven goals and three assists in 36 games with the Thrashers this season. The Sundsvall, Sweden, native has posted 232 goals and 230 assists in 894 career NHL games with Toronto, Tampa Bay, Columbus, Los Angeles and Atlanta and has appeared in 57 post-season contests, helping the Lightning capture the 2004 Stanley Cup Championship. David Freese Jersey . The stakes were higher, the competition more fierce and the atmosphere was that of a playoff game - something the young, upstart Raptors have five weeks to better prepare themselves for or the result will be eerily similar. https://www.cheapdodgersonline.com/515h-maury-wills-jersey-dodgers.html . -- Shanshan Feng was alone in her opinion about the pin positions in the Kraft Nabisco Championship. Keibert Ruiz Jersey . "For the past several weeks, Logan has been dealing and playing with an upper body injury," said general manager Doug Wilson in a statement. "Despite his efforts to play through it, the injury has not responded as we had hoped and Logan has made the decision to undergo a surgical procedure to repair the problem. Dodgers Jerseys China .com) - John Wall supplied 24 points and 11 assists in leading the Washington Wizards to a 102-91 win over the New York Knicks on Christmas Day.ATLANTA - Jeff Teague says he never doubted the Atlanta Hawks would be in the playoffs. Even with Al Horfords season-ending injury in December and a 1-14 stretch in February and March, the Hawks made the Eastern Conference field with two games remaining. "Im happy for all the guys," Teague said. "We worked so hard all year. Injuries and everything that can happen to a team happened. We were able to still make it to the playoffs." Teague scored 25 points, Lou Williams had 18 of his 23 points in the fourth quarter and the Hawks earned the Easts final playoff spot with a 98-85 victory over the Miami Heat on Saturday night. Atlantas third straight victory eliminated the New York Knicks from playoff contention. Williams scored the Hawks last 12 points. LeBron James finished with 27 points and Dwyane Wade, in his first game since missing nine straight with a sore left hamstring, scored 24 for Miami. The two-time defending champion Heat, who have lost three of four, gave up the ground they gained in the standings Friday by beating Indiana at home and taking a one-half game lead over the Pacers. Miami and Indiana are now tied atop the Eastern Conference with 54-26 records. The Heats 85 points were their third-fewest this season. "Its not finished," James said. "I see the standings. Theres a couple games left and the seeding is changing every day." James and Chris Bosh returned to the floor with 6:42 remaining and Miami trailing 81-72, but DeMarre Carroll stole the ball from Bosh and Mike Scotts fastbreak dunk put Atlanta ahead by 11 with 6:09 remaining. Heat coach Erik Spoelstra called timeout to settle down his team, but James missed a jumper and Teague hit a free throw to make it 84-72. James hit a 3 two possessions later, but Teague drove to the rim again for an 11-point lead, and Miami never got closer than eight the rest of the way. Wade finished the first half with 16 points, going 7 for 7 from the field in just 11 minutes. He began the third quarter with an offensive foul, a missed jumper and hit one of two free throwws, but he finished strong before sitting out the final 5:46 to rest.dddddddddddd "It was good, better than I can envision," Wade said. "When youre out so long, youre just thinking of getting your wind back. I think the best thing that happened was the first play of the game, getting that block and then LeBron kind of holding up and letting me get the first dunk. From there, I kind of was into the game." The Hawks never trailed after Teagues 12-footer made it 53-51 early in the third. Carroll finished with 17 points, and Paul Millsap added 11. Scott scored 12 points in a reserve role, joining Williams to help Atlantas bench outscore Miamis 35-8. Bosh finished with 11 points. "Needless to say that was a tough second half," Spoelstra said. "We couldnt get it going on either side of the court. Its disappointing to have this type of performance on the road." Miami visits Washington on Monday and end the regular season at home Wednesday against Philadelphia. The Pacers host Oklahoma City on Sunday and visit Orlando on Wednesday to close the regular season. Atlanta hosts Charlotte on Monday and visits Milwaukee on Wednesday. As the No. 8 seed, the Hawks will play either Miami or Indiana in the first round of the playoffs. "Im happy that we get to play more games and I get to talk more about improving and getting better each practice," Atlanta coach Mike Budenholzer said. "We want to build something here. Miami has been in the Finals for three years in a row. There are a lot of teams that have had a lot of success. It takes time to build your habits." NOTES: A moment of silence was held before the game following the death Friday of Lou Hudson, the six-time All-Star with the Hawks who retired in 1979 and still ranks as the franchises third-leading scorer. ... The Hawks are wearing a black stripe on their uniform to acknowledge Hudsons passing. ... The Heat dropped to 22-18 on the road. ... The Hawks improved to 24-16 at home. ... Atlanta is in the playoffs for the seventh straight year, longest active streak in the East. ' ' '

Sprung  
. . : : P I S T A C C I O S - D I R E N G R E Y - F O R U M : : . .
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz