Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
. . : : P I S T A C C I O S - D I R E N G R E Y - F O R U M : : . .
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 140 mal aufgerufen
 Off-Topic
ruogu1234 Offline

Honki De Honki

21.11.2019 07:58
defensive co-ordinator Billy Davis said Antworten

CHARLESTON, S.C. -- Venus Williams couldnt dig herself out of a hole this time and lost to Montreals Eugenie Bouchard 7-6 (6), 2-6, 6-4 at the Family Circle Cup on Thursday. The 33-year-old Williams had fought back in each of her first two matches to advance. She seemed to follow the same game-plan in this one, rallying from a set down to win the second set and lead 2-1 in the third. Thats when the 20-year-old Canadian, took over, breaking Williams serve twice down the stretch including the final game. "I think Ive shown to myself how mentally strong I can be," said Bouchard, seeded sixth at the Family Circle. "Today was really a mental battle. It was a bit ugly at times and tough on the court, but I fought through it." Bouchard finished things off by reaching Williams drop shot and pushing it into the open court for her first victory over the seven-time Grand Slam champion. "She played a lot more consistently than I did," Williams said. "I think my errors really hurt me a lot today. Just a lot of up and down, a lot of errors." Especially in two key stretches when it looked as if the 33-year-old Williams was ready to take control. Bouchard was ahead 5-3 in the opening set when Williams rallied and held two set points in the tiebreaker. But Bouchard won the next four points, including a crisp backhand for a winner to secure the set. When Williams moved on top in the third set, Bouchard did not panic but dug in to move on to her third quarter-final round this year. "Ive just kind of raised my game a little bit and was extra solid on those important points," Bouchard said. Bouchard will next face second-seed Jelena Jankovic, the 2007 Family Circle champion who at No. 8 in world is the highest-ranked player remaining in the tournament. Jankovic defeated Croatias Ajla Tomljanovic 7-5, 6-1. Jankovic has reached the Family Circle quarter-finals in six of the past seven seasons. Shes been beaten by a Williams sister each of the last two years, falling to Venus in 2012 and to Serena in last years championship finals. Jankovic struggled early as the 20-year-old Tomljanovic fought off a set point to tie the opening set at 5-all. Jankovic then won eight of the next nine games to move forward. "I missed that overhead on my set point, which was kind of frustrating, and we levelled it at 5 5," Jankovic said. "But I was able to stay calm and regroup and finish that set. So that was very important." Williams defeat was part of a difficult day for past champions of the clay-court event. Along with 2004 winner Williams, two other previous Family Circle champs in Sabine Lisicki (2009) and Samantha Stosur (2010) lost third-round matches. Lisicki, the fourth seed, fell to German countrywoman Andrea Petkovic 6-1, 6-0. Stosur, seeded seventh, was beaten by No. 9 seed Lucie Safarova 3-6, 6-4, 6-4. The loss ends a run of success for the Williams family on the courts here. Sister Serena was the two-time defending tournament champion before losing Tuesday night. Venus played with the Washington Kastles on the green clay to win the 2012 World Team Tennis title. Venus Williams had been bothered by an illness that she said limited her endurance this week. She had to come from behind in her first two matches here to face Bouchard and did not have enough stamina to wait out her opponents solid, flat ground strokes. "That kind of made it more challenging. I mean I think normally I would probably be able to challenge the points a little bit longer and just make her play more shots and just be more willing to play longer points," Williams said. Williams was the 2004 Family Circle champion. She reached the semifinals here last year where she lost to sister Serena, the eventual champion. Others advancing to the round of eight included third-seed Sara Errani, who outlasted Peng Shuai, 7-6 (6), 7-6 (5); unseeded Jana Cepelova, who defeated 13th-seed Elena Visnina 7-6 (4), 3-6, 6-3; and 12th-seed Daniela Hantuchova, who beat Teliana Pereira 6-2, 6-3. Errani rallied in each of her sets to eliminate Peng, the worlds top-ranked doubles player. For Cepelova, it was her second big victory of this event after knocking off world No. 1 Serena Williams in a stunner Tuesday night. Cesar Cedeno Astros Jersey . This is the final meeting of the season between these teams.? The Capitals were 5-4 winners in a shootout Oct. Bob Watson Astros Jersey . That still leaves a big hole.You dont replace the leadership, defensive co-ordinator Billy Davis said. You just dont. Leadership is something that is earned over time. https://www.cheapastros.com/2933o-yuli-gurriel-jersey-astros.html . Braden Calverts Winnipeg rink rallied to defeat Italy 8-7. After giving up three points in the second end, Calvert came back with a single, then stole two more points in the next two ends to tie it up at the fifth-end break. Jose Urquidy Jersey . Gough finished in fourth, 0.433 seconds behind American Erin Hamlin, who took the bronze medal at the Sanki Sliding Center in Rzhanaya Polyana. Myles Straw Jersey . Sundays race will be held at the Sepang circuit, adjacent to Kuala Lumpurs main airport where the ill-fated flight took off earlier this month. Authorities now say it is almost certain it crashed in the Indian Ocean, killing all 239 people aboard.Promising midfielder Domingos Quina has signed his first professional contract at West Ham, which keeps him at the club until 2019. Quina, who turned 17 last Friday, joined the Hammers in the summer on an initial two-year scholarship deal following spells at Chelsea and Benfica.He has already featured twice for West Ham this season, both appearances coming in the Europa League against NK Domzale, and also scored a 40-yard wonder goal against Leicester City for the Under-23s in October. Quina said: I am very happy to have signed my first professional contract with West Ham and it has always been my dream. Highlights: Tottenham 3-2 West Ham I chose West Ham because it is a great club and they like to give young players opportunities to break into the first-team like Reece Oxford and I hope to do the same.I like to enjoy my football and do things which people are not expecting. I really enjoyed my goal against Leicester and it was a great moment.That was noot the first time I had scored a goal like that and hopefully there is more to come.dddddddddddd Sky Sports Black Friday sale Upgrade to Sky Sports now and get 12 months half price! I know that talent alone is not enough to see me develop as a player and I just want to keep working hard every day. Hopefully I will get my chance.Quina has already showcased his talents at international level for England Under-17s at the European Championship and will now aim to impress manager Slaven Bilic further and become a regular part of the first team.Bilic added: I am personally delighted with the news. We know a lot about him and he came away with us on pre-season. Slaven Bilic is happy Quina has committed his long-term future to West Ham He is one of those players that you think if he doesnt make it, then which player will?He has got everything and it is now down to us and up to him how much he is going to improve and dedicate his life to achieve something that God gave him. There is no doubt he has something exceptional.He is skillful and is one of those players who doesnt have to think about his first touch because it comes so naturally to him.He is not afraid of challenges and has skillUpgrade to Sky Sports now and get 12 months half price. Hurry, offer ends December 4! Also See: Antonio: I feel embarrassed Bilic: Difficult to take defeat WATCH: Spurs 3-2 West Ham Payet wins Goal of Month ' ' '

Sprung  
. . : : P I S T A C C I O S - D I R E N G R E Y - F O R U M : : . .
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz