Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
. . : : P I S T A C C I O S - D I R E N G R E Y - F O R U M : : . .
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 159 mal aufgerufen
 Dir en grey allgemein
Bellroll33 Offline

05.06.2019 08:26
assumed his normal lead role against the Haw Antworten

ATLANTA -- J.R. Smith gave the Knicks a lift in a rare start before Carmelo Anthony assumed his normal lead role against the Hawks. Anthony continued his success against Atlanta by scoring 25 points and New York regrouped after blowing a 17-point lead to beat the Hawks 95-91 on Wednesday night. It was an important win for the Knicks, who were coming off an ugly 120-89 loss to San Antonio on Sunday. "Oh, man, it was a great way to kind of get back on track," Anthony said. "Any time you can win on the road, thats always a big win." Anthony averaged 41 points against the Hawks in two games last season, bringing his career average against Atlanta to 26.9. Smith, last seasons Sixth Man of the Year, made his first start since March 9, 2012, at Milwaukee. He came off the bench in each of his 80 games last season. Smith was suspended the first five games this season for violating the NBAs anti-drug program. Coach Mike Woodson said before the game he started Smith instead of Pablo Prigioni to "see if we can get off to a better start." Smith did his part, making three of four 3-pointers in the opening period as the Knicks took a 29-24 lead. Prigioni started the second quarter and followed Smiths lead, sinking a 3-pointer to give the Knicks their first double-digit lead at 36-26. Smith finished with 12 points in only his second game of the season after off-season knee surgery. "I kind of went over my limit with him," Woodson said. "He played 32 minutes and I didnt want to go over 30. But its tough when youre trying to win games and youre turning to your trainer and asking how many minutes hes on the floor.... It makes it a little tough." The Knicks committed only six turnovers. The Hawks had 15, including four by rookie point guard Dennis Schroder in less than 9 minutes. New York outscored Atlanta 30-23 in the final period. "Much better effort than we put forth in that San Antonio game," Anthony said. "Im glad to see that we responded in that fashion and put that game behind us." The Knicks, relying on 3-pointers, led 47-30 in the second period and 55-45 at halftime. New York made only 5 of 25 shots from the field while being outscored 23-10 in the third period, leaving the Hawks with a 68-65 lead. "We took some quick shots," Anthony said. "I took some quick shots. We just had to settle down and get our composure back, get our momentum back and go from there." Anthony and the Knicks regained control after the Hawks led 78-72 early in the fourth quarter. Anthony made a free throw, driving layup and a 3-pointer to launch an 11-0 run that gave New York the lead. Andrea Bargnanis 3-pointer capped the run. Anthony made 9 of 25 shots from the field. "Hes a heck of a player," said Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer. "I feel like a lot of the night we made Carmelo work for his shots, but because hes a great player he was able to make some of those tough shots. At that big moment, they needed him to step up and he did. Its a credit to Carmelo." Bargnani had 20 points and 11 rebounds, and rookie Tim Hardaway Jr. had 14 points for New York. Jeff Teague led Atlanta with 25 points and eight assists. Al Horford had 23 points. Horford said the Hawks must learn to finish out games. "I feel good about our team," Horford said. "We just need to learn how to hold the leads and finish out these games. Weve let some of these slip away, so we need to be better in that regard." Teague said the Hawks are still coming together in Budenholzers first season. "We made mistakes," Teague said. "Were still a new group and were still trying to figure one another out. Were getting better every game. (The Knicks) have been together for a while." The Knicks made eight of their first 16 3-pointers. The Hawks missed their first nine 3s before Cartier Martin ended the drought late in the second period. NOTES: Hawks G Lou Williams has been cleared for full participation in practice as he continues to recover from a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee on Jan. 18. ... Kyle Korver made two 3-pointers and has at least one 3 in 81 consecutive games, the second-longest streak in NBA history behind Dana Barros (89). ... New Yorks Metta World Peace had four points on his 34th birthday. ... Teague made 11 of 14 free throws. ... Martin had 13 points for Atlanta. Dick Butkus Jersey .C. -- The Steve Smith era in Carolina is over. Gale Sayers Jersey . Canadas Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse will reunite at this weekends season-opening World Cup at Canada Olympic Park as they begin their buildup to the Winter Games in Sochi. http://www.officialchicagobearsfootball.com/authentic-adam-shaheen-jersey-womens . Rooneys latest piece of football genius lost in the furore which now stalks David Moyes, and the man who gave the Manchester United striker his start as a 16-year old at Goodison Park back in 2002. Taylor Gabriel Jersey . It has been eleven years, eight months, and 261 days since I played my last CFL game. Marcus Cooper Jersey . Off-Season Game Plan looks at what the Blue Jackets may do to build upon last seasons success to return to the playoffs again next year.(SportsNetwork.com) - At last, the New York Jets can be picked on someone sharing a similarly mediocre win-loss size. The Tennessee Titans will host the visiting Jets this weekend in the NFLs lone Week 15 battle of 2-11 teams, and, as unlikely as it may sound, matchups actually dictate that Rex Ryan and Co. could be in for a rare bout with success. New York is second in the league with an average per-week rate of 149.7 rushing yards, which presumably would mean prosperity against the Titans, whose average of 141.5 rush yards allowed is worst among the leagues 32 teams. That number rises to 173.0 when only counting Tennessees six home games, which goes a long way toward explaining the teams lowly 1-5 home record. Tennessee, in fact, has lost seven games in a row by an average of 15 points, which is the franchises longest drought since the Houston Oilers dropped 11 consecutive games in 1994. Last week, the Titans were brutalized, 36-7, by the Jets fellow northern New Jersey swamp-dwellers, the New York Giants. The Giants racked up 402 total yards to Tennessees 207, and the Titans converted two of 13 third downs, to the predictable post-game chagrin of their players and coaches. Its disappointing, tight end Delanie Walker said. Weve only won two games, and were still playing the same way. We always say were going to change, and nothing changes. Well, almost nothing. The arrival of the Jets will also signal the return of former starting quarterback Jake Locker, whos all but guaranteed that role this weekend thanks to the doubtful status of recent incumbent Zach Mettenberger - who re- dinged a sprained shoulder when he was sacked for a fifth time last week. Mettenberger had an 86.7 passer rating in six starts, and while Tennessee coach Ken Whisenhunt insisted he wouldnt rule the youngster out until I know for sure he cant go, he did assess the scenario for Locker, whose 71.1 passer rating is better than just one NFL starter - New Yorks Geno Smith. Locker was 9-of-11 for 81 yards and an interception as a reliever against the Giants. Its an opportunity to play. Jake wants that, Whisenhunt said. (He just needs to) prepare the best he can and do the best job he can. I think thats the way hell look at it. Hes a good pro. Hes been in a tough situation, coming in like that. He did some good things (Sunday). He moved around in the pocket well, ran with the ball a couple of times. On the one interception, he was trying to make a play at the end of the game. Meanwhile, the Jets have lost nine straight games in which the aforementioned Smith has started, including a 30-24 overtime decision last week in Minnesota, in which Smiths first pass was intercepted and returned for a touchdown. He finished with 18 completions in 29 attempts for 254 yards. In his second year as a pro, his touchdown-to-interception ratio of 0.67 remains second-worst in the NFL, but that didnt stop him this week from telling New Yorks Newsday publication that hed shown flashes of being a Pro Bowl quarterbackk.dddddddddddd I feel like I have the tools and I have what it takes to be that, but, obviously, it takes some consistency and Ive been very inconsistent in my two years here. With that being said, Ill be more of the guy you see doing well than the guy who struggles at times. It may not help his cause this week that his favorite new target - in-season trade acquisition Percy Harvin - is doubtful with an ankle injury suffered against the Vikings. On the other side, defensive tackle Muhammad Wilkerson is questionable after he missed last weeks game with a toe injury. Among the Jets who do figure to play, the game marks a return to old stomping grounds for running back Chris Johnson, who signed with New York as a free agent after spending his first six NFL years with the Titans. He ran for 7,965 yards, including 2,006 in 2009, and 50 touchdowns with Tennessee, placing him third in franchise history in both categories. In 13 games with New York, hes run for 558 yards and is averaging 4.5 yards per rush. Going to the visitors locking room, its going to be kind of weird, he said. Its definitely harder than what I expected, but its a situation where a lot of times stuff is out of your hands that you cant control, so I just try to take advantage of every opportunity I get. Johnsons lone 100-yard game of the season came in Week 13 against Miami, when he went for 105 on 17 carries. Last week against Minnesota, he had 16 carries for 53 yards. If you give him an opportunity to hit the home run, he can do it, Tennessee defensive back Michael Griffin said. We have our work cut out for us. Hes going to be geared up and ready to play and looking to prove to us and the organization it was mistake to let him go. WHAT TO WATCH FOR A Day in McCourty Take Smiths lingering tendency to throw the ball to the wrong team and add in the fact that hell probably be without his favorite receiving option - Harvin - and it could spell trouble. Tennessee cornerback Jason McCourty has three interceptions, two forced fumbles and 10 pass deflections through 13 games, often while blanketing the opposing teams best receiver. Return to Glory? Conversely, the presumed return of Locker to the Titans starting quarterback position gives the fourth-year pro - a No. 8 overall draft selection in 2011 - a chance to be the latest passer to victimize the Jets faulty secondary. New York has allowed 29 passing touchdowns in 14 games (second-worst in the league) and is 29th in the league when it comes to interceptions. OVERALL ANALYSIS The Jets havent gotten to 2-11 without finding ways to lose games that they presumably ought to win. And while they may have indeed found their counterpart in mediocrity against the Titans, the reality remains that theyre a road team with a 0-6 record on the road. Though it would hardly be a surprise to see them piece together a victory, instead expect a battle of field goals that goes late to the home side. Sports Network predicted outcome: Titans 13, Jets 9 Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
. . : : P I S T A C C I O S - D I R E N G R E Y - F O R U M : : . .
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz