Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
. . : : P I S T A C C I O S - D I R E N G R E Y - F O R U M : : . .
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 124 mal aufgerufen
 Dir en grey allgemein
Bellroll33 Offline

05.06.2019 08:28
ecided to leave the ace in the game. Price the Antworten

DETROIT - David Price got into a sticky situation in the eighth, and Brad Ausmus decided to leave the ace in the game. Price then rewarded his manager for the vote of confidence. Price wriggled out of the jam in his final inning, and the Detroit Tigers snapped Seattles five-game winning streak with a 4-2 victory over Felix Hernandez and the Mariners on Saturday. The Tigers had a three-run lead when the Mariners loaded the bases with one out in the eighth. When Ausmus came out of the dugout, Price was sure his night was done. "Ive never had a manager come out in the middle of the inning and not pull me," he said. "That had never happened." But Ausmus just wanted to check in with Price, who is 1-0 with a 3.18 ERA in three starts since he was acquired from Tampa Bay in a three-team trade last month. "This is only Davids third game for us, so Im not used to how he handles himself late in the game," Ausmus said. "I went out there to ask him if he was OK, he gave me a very definitive answer, and I went back to the dugout." Price then struck out Austin Jackson — one of the players Detroit traded for him — and then got Dustin Ackley to ground into a force at second. "That was a huge moment for me," Price said. "I wanted to finish that inning off, so I looked Brad straight in the eye and told him I was good to go. I didnt want to be one of those pitchers who looks down and mumbles that hes OK. I wanted to make sure he knew I was ready." Hernandez was pulled after five innings and 92 pitches. He allowed two runs and seven hits, struck out three and walked none. Hernandez was hit on his left hip by Ian Kinslers comebacker on the third out of the fourth inning, and took another glancing blow from a ball hit by Miguel Cabrera in the fifth. "Hes fine, we just took him out as a precaution after he got hit again by Miguel in the fifth," Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon said. Hernandez (13-4) lost his record streak of 16 straight starts of at least seven innings and no more than two runs. Hernandez broke Tom Seavers major league mark of 13 straight earlier this month. "Im fine — Im going to live," Hernandez said. "I was throwing a lot of pitches tonight, especially at the beginning of the game. I wasnt missing by much. "The streaks over, but Ill start a new one soon." Joe Nathan pitched the ninth, allowing one run while picking up his 25th save. It was his first appearance since making a profane gesture at Comerica Park fans on Wednesday, and he received a mixture of cheers and boos when he was introduced. "I apologized on Thursday, but I still feel terrible for my actions, so I want to apologize again," said Nathan, who didnt celebrate after the final out. "Ill keep apologizing until the fans understand how upset I am that I let my frustration get the best of me. I dont want my entire career to be known for three seconds of anger." Nick Castellanos hit a solo homer in the fourth for Detroit. He also had a two-out RBI single in the Tigers two-run seventh. TRAINERS ROOM Seattle: Cano was back in the starting lineup one day after fouling a pitch off his foot. Cano played several more innings after the painful foul ball, only leaving when the Mariners built a comfortable lead, and was fine to play against Price. Detroit: Cabrera needed the attention of Tigers trainer Kevin Rand after taking a Hernandez fastball just above the left elbow. The impact caused Cabreras hand to go numb — a day after he had stayed in Fridays series opener after injuring this thumb on the first play of the game — but he stayed in the game after a short delay. UP NEXT The three-game series concludes with rookie Robbie Ray (1-2, 5.31 ERA) facing Seattles Chris Young (11-6, 3.20 ERA). Ray, acquired in the Doug Fister trade last winter, is in his second stint with the Tigers, both to replace Anibal Sanchez in the rotation. Young has never lost to Detroit in three career starts, going 1-0 with a 2.14 ERA. BIG CROWD The Hernandez-Price matchup, plus a post-game fireworks show, drew a sold-out crowd of 43,833 — Detroits sixth straight sellout. ROSTER MOVE The Tigers purchased the contract of reliever Jim Johnson from Triple-A Toledo and sent Melvin Mercedes back to the Mud Hens. Johnson posted 101 saves for Baltimore in the last two seasons, but he struggled with Oakland and was released on August 1. Tony Pollard Gear . Five straight losses (and six in the past seven) now dot the schedule – matching their longest skid of the year – after they fell again in New Jersey on Sunday night, topped 3-2 by Cory Schneider and the Devils. Camo Cowboys Jerseys .ca. The NHL Play of the Year showdown kicks off with some slick moves going head-to-head with a combination of soft hands and endless patience. http://www.officialcowboysnflauthenticshop.com/ . Long snapper Patrick Mannelly announced Friday that he is retiring after a 16-year-career with the Bears, a span in which he played in a team record 245 games and snapped the ball 2,282 times. Blue Cowboys Jerseys . Riethers apparent stamp on Manchester United midfielder Adnan Januzaj during Saturdays Premier League match at Craven Cottage was missed by the match officials. A three-man panel of former referees reviewed the incident and all agreed that it was a sending-off offence. Cheap Cowboys Jerseys .Martin Caceres marked his return from injury by scoring in the 3-1 win at Napoli and he believes Juventus sent out a warning to the rest of the league with that result.We go out on the pitch every game looking to give our all, Caceres said.CLEVELAND - LeBron James met with Cavaliers team doctors Friday night to decide if he would play after missing a game because of a sprained right wrist.The decision was easy.They said it was my call and obviously you guys know what my call is, James said after scoring 19 points in Clevelands ninth straight win, a 101-90 victory over skidding Sacramento.James admitted his wrist isnt 100 per cent, but he made five straight shots in the second half while Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving combined for 44 points for the streaking Cavaliers.It was a little sore, obviously, being in live action, but it was good, James said.James missed Wednesdays game against Portland but came back to go 7 for 16 from the field and commit six turnovers in 33 minutes. His five straight shots, included a 3-pointer and a dunk off a behind-the-back dribble, as Cleveland put the game away early in the fourth quarter.A team trainer placed a brace on James wrist in the third and he wore it the rest of the game.James was injured when he fell hard to the floor Tuesday against Detroit but came back in and finished with 32 points.But James said, there was no way I could have played Wednesday. My wrist was too stiff, too tight. I couldnt get much rotation on it.James said he got treatment all day Thursday and the wrist felt better at Fridays shootaround.Tonight was a matter of him saying I feel good enough to go, I want to go and allowing him to play, Cavaliers coach David Blatt said. And Im glad we did because we needed him tonight.Love led Cleveland with 23 points, including 16 in the first quarter, while Irving, who scored an arena-record 55 points Wednesday, added 21.DeMarcus Cousins, who was named to the Western Conference All-Star team Friday, scored 21 points and had 13 rebounds, but it wasnt enough to prevent Sacramento from losing its eighth straight.I think a lot of guys are lost right now, Cousins said. We need to find our roles. With the whole pace thing, things are kind of wacko.Cleveland took thee lead midway through the first quarter and steadily built the margin, which remained in double figures most of the game.ddddddddddddJames made his presence felt immediately when he stole a pass after the Kings won the opening tip and scored on a two-handed dunk.James missed eight games with knee and back injuries earlier this month. Cleveland is 8-1 in games hes played since his return two weeks ago.He didnt play when the Kings routed the Cavaliers 103-84 in Sacramento on Jan. 11. The Kings havent won since and have the longest losing streak in the NBA, while the Cavaliers are one of the leagues hottest teams.Cleveland won eight straight from Nov. 24-Dec. 9. The nine-game streak is its longest since it 13 in a row in 2010.Love, who was 9 of 17 from the field and had 10 rebounds, will return to Minnesota on Saturday night for the first time since the Cavaliers acquired him from the Timberwolves last summer.Cousins was named an All-Star replacement for Kobe Bryant, who is out for the season.TOUGH STRETCHKings coach Tyrone Corbin realizes this is a difficult time for his team and playing the Cavaliers didnt help.We were a step slow and they were aggressive, he said. That really was the story.THATS BETTERLove, who was 6 for 26 in his last two games, regained his shooting touch Friday.I try not to look at that stuff, I just try to play, Love said. The last two games there we a little bit of a reluctance there. I try to keep positive. My shots were falling tonight and we got off to a good start as a team.TIP-INSKings: Cousins and Cavaliers G J.R. Smith were given double technicals in the second quarter. ... F Jason Thompson was also hit with a technical in the third. ... Sacramentos last road win was at Minnesota on Jan. 1. ... Rudy Gay had 20 points.Cavaliers: F Tristan Thompson wore an ice bag on his left shoulder while sitting on the bench, but entered the game in the first quarter.UP NEXTKings: At Indiana on Saturday.Cavaliers: At Minnesota on Saturday. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
. . : : P I S T A C C I O S - D I R E N G R E Y - F O R U M : : . .
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz